The Undergraduate Scholarship service* supports educational opportunities for American Indian and Alaska Native students by awarding more than 200 scholarships annually.
Applications submitted by eligible Native American students each spring are reviewed by members of the Scholarship Committee, who award the competitive grants. Up to $2,000 per year is paid directly to each recipient’s college or university**. Grantees must maintain a grade point average of at least 2.0 and submit grades to us each semester.
Scholarship Application Process
- Complete an Undergraduate Scholarship Application
- Provide documentation of tribal enrollment for yourself or a parent.
- Provide transcripts with ACT and GPA scores.
- Enroll in an accredited technical school, college, or university as a full-time undergraduate.
All undergraduate students who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply for an American Indian Undergraduate Scholarship.
Please note, the deadline for the 2024-2025 scholarship application is April 4th, 2024. (Completed applications received before March 1st will earn you one additional point on your score!) For more information on scholarships in general, call 1-866-866-8642 (toll-free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awarded Native American students will be notified by July 15th if they have been selected to receive an undergraduate scholarship. Due to administrative costs we do not notify non-awarded students.
* The AIEF program now offers Graduate Scholarships.
** We do not fund online postsecondary institutions.