Northern Plains Reservation Aid (formerly American Indian Relief Council)
Login (?): | Contact Us | Join AIRC

A Program of Partnership With Native Americans
Sign Up

How to Help

Planned Giving FAQs

What are acceptable methods of giving?

How do I change the current way I am giving?

  • For monetary donations, please contact our Donor Relations Department and they will be happy to help you. They can be reached at (800) 370-0872. For questions or changes to planned gives, contact our Planned Giving Department toll-free at (877) 853-6474.

Can I view the company's current and past financials?

  • Yes.  At the bottom of the left navigation bar of every AIRC page, there is a link that says "IRS Form 990."  A new form will be posted when made available.

Are contributions to AIRC tax-deductible?

  • Yes.  All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

How do I know where the money I donated is going?

  • Please contact Donor Relations Department at (800) 370-0872 and they will be able to answer any questions you may have.  You can also contact them and restrict your gift to a particular service.

How can I become a member of your "Heritage Circle?"

  • Please contact our Planned Giving Department at (877) 853-6474 and let them know that you wish to leave AIRC a donation through your will, trust, life insurance policy, or retirement plan.  They will take care of everything else for you.

Can I make a memorial gift in honor of someone who has made an impact on my life?

  • Yes.  Please contact our Planned Giving Department at (877) 853-6474 for more information.

If I want to send in a donation now, to whom should I make out my check and where do I mail it?

  • Please made your check payable to AIRC and send to the American Indian Relief Council, PO Box 97286, Washington, DC 20090-7286.

Do I need to retain legal counsel to establish a planned gift?

  • It is not necessary, but we encourage you to consult your tax or legal advisor when considering any planned gift.

What is your Tax ID number?

  • Tax ID #47-3730147

Where do I send my planned giving information or intentions?

  • Please send your planned giving intentions to the American Indian Relief Council, Attn.: Planned Giving, 13318 Airpark Drive, Elkwood, VA  22718.

If you would like to talk to someone immediately about planned giving, please contact our Planned Giving Department at (877) 853-6474. For all other general inquiries, please contact our Donor Relations Department at (800) 370-0872.  You are also encouraged to consult with your legal and financial advisors when considering a planned gift.

  Click here to request more information!

Compare alternatives with our Planned Giving Options page.

Donate Now

AIRC Relief Center

Symbolic Gift of LoveGive a gift of love to a child or Elder living on impoverished remote Native American reservations.

Shop Now »

Join our Circle of Friends - make a monthly gift!

Join TodayFood insecurity affects the health of many Native American children and Elders. Your commitment is needed now.

We call this group Circle of Friends, because a friend is someone who makes a lasting commitment. You will receive* a free "thank you" gift for donating monthly: a beautiful dreamcatcher. (* While supplies last.)

Learn More »