Official Give Away Contest Rules and Prizes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: This American Indian Heritage Month Give Away (aka Heritage Give Away) is open to all legal residents of the United States, who as of drawing date are at least 18 years of age and have a valid e-mail account. Employees of Partnership With Native Americans and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. Partnership With Native Americans is not responsible for contest form failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winner must be in compliance with all contest rules. Previous Heritage Give Away winners are not eligible for future Heritage Give Away drawings.
3. Method of Entry: The Heritage Give Away period begins November 1, 2015 and ends November 30, 2015, during which time ten (10) Give Aways of the Day will be hosted on PWNA’s Heritage Month landing page at www.nativepartnership.org/NativeHeritage (aka Heritage page) Each of the 10 Give Away offers is good only for 24 hours, from 9 AM Eastern on the date the call to action is posted on the PWNA blog, to 9 AM Eastern the following day. Each entry must include a valid e-mail address. Each contestant may enter only once for each Give Away. No donation is necessary to enter or win.
Entry methods will vary based on the specific call to action posted on the Heritage page for the Give Away of the Day. The range of entry methods will include: posting a comment to a specified PWNA blog topic; downloading a specified document from the PWNA website; registering on the PWNA website; sharing the specified social posts on your social pages; sharing the specified social posts on our Facebook page; and uploading the specified photo to the PWNA4Hope Facebook page. Downloads required for Give Away entry will involve either “A Native American View of Crazy Horse” or “Trail of Tears: The Long Walk,” as designated on the Heritage page for the Give Away of the Day. Each download requires a separate entry. Social actions required to enter a certain Give Away offer will involve: Retweeting the PWNA4Hope tweet about 5.2 million Native Americans on November 16, 2015. Other social actions will involve liking PWNA4Hope on Facebook and sharing the specified content on your social pages. For Grand Prize entry, uploading your photo to PWNA4Hope Facebook page and saying what ‘heritage” means to you is required on November 22, 2015. The Grand Prize winner will be announced by 6 PM on November 30 on our PWNA4Hope Facebook page.
Your blog comments posted to enter a specific Give Away offer will be displayed on the Partnership With Native Americans Blog and must be posted under one of the following topics, as specified on the Heritage page for the Give Away of the Day: 1) a comment about the “Reservation Series: Pine Ridge,” 2) a comment about “Honoring American Indian Veterans, 3) a comment about the “Reservation Series: Navajo Reservation,” 4) a comment about PWNA’s blog post “What We’re Thankful For,” or 5) a comment about “The First Thanksgiving, The Last of Its Kind.”
4. Deadline for Receipt of Entries: Entries for each Give Away of the Day must be submitted before 9 AM EST the day following the date the call to action is published on the Heritage page. Entry dates will be published throughout the month of November.
5. Selection of winner: Winner for each of the 10 Give Aways will be selected in a random drawing the day following the date the call to action is published on the Heritage page, with one exception. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on the PWNA4Hope Facebook page at 6 PM on November 30, for the specific action called for on the Heritage page on November 22. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
6. Prize: Each winner will receive one of the following 10 prizes: the DVD “Up Heartbreak Hill,” a subscription to “American Indian Magazine,” the DVD set “We Shall Remain: Through Native Eyes,” the DVD “Standing Bear’s Footsteps,” a 12-inch Navajo dreamcatcher, the book “Squanto’s Journey: Story of the First Thanksgiving,” a basic membership to NMAI or the local Native museum of your choice (not to exceed $50), the DVD “Bridge the Gap to Pine Ridge,” the book “The Journey of Crazy Horse: A Lakota History,” or the book “Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir by One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII.” Value of each individual prize ranges from $6.00 to $62.50 retail plus shipping.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winner for each of the 10 Give Aways will be announced on the PWNA4Hope Facebook or Twitter page, as specified by the call to action for that Give Away of the Day, no later than the day after the call to action is published on the Heritage page. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on the PWNA4Hope Facebook page by 6 PM on November 30. Winners who have not accepted their prizes will be emailed no later than December 1, 2015, for a final chance to claim their prize. Participants grant Partnership With Native Americans the right to use their name in advertising and promoting the contest without further compensation.
8. Participation: All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be in Partnership With Native Americans’ sole discretion. Partnership With Native Americans is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, or incomplete email or transactions, for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Partnership With Native Americans. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
9. Limitations of Liability/Disputes: By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney’s fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses. Winner(s) will be responsible for any taxes on the value of the prize. THIS GIVE AWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
10. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Partnership With Native Americans, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
11. General Release: By entering the Heritage Give Away, contestants release Partnership With Native Americans and their affiliated companies and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
12. Sponsor: The Heritage Give Away is sponsored by Partnership With Native Americans, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Partnership With Native Americans will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, or to obtain a list of winners after the close of the Give Away period, please contact the Give Away coordinator for Partnership With Native Americans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-825-5950 x205.