Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:31:20 AM CDT: This site is about to be upgraded to a new software release. If you are in the process of entering information, please complete it in the next few minutes and then log off, to ensure that you are not interrupted. If you were about to start entering details, please wait until this message is removed. You may continue to browse content on the site during the upgrade if you wish. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
2017 Backpack Drive
Did you know:
- 35% of Native American children live below poverty level.
- On average, Native students have a lower reading level, and poverty is a factor.
- 30 up to 70% of Native children drop out of high school (varies by reservation).
- Only 13% of Native students attain a college degree.
This needs to change. What can you do?
Donate a backpack to a student
Most children in the U.S. take it for granted that they will have backpacks and school supplies for the first day of classes. Yet, there are children in America with a different experience — one of facing the school year without supplies, or access to buy supplies locally. This is true for many children on remote Native American reservations.
The 2017 Backpack Drive will provide school supplies such as backpacks, pencils and binders to Native American children, ensuring they have the materials they need to succeed. PWNA and AIEF need to deliver school supplies to about 25,000 Native American students on the reservations this year. Will you show these children that you care by making a donation today?
Help us spread the word on Facebook and Twitter. The more you share, the more children you help!
- Back to school is just around the corner and I’m helping Native American children who need backpacks and school supplies. Learn how you can help at www.PWNA4hope.org. #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- I just filled a backpack with school supplies for a Native American child in need. You can too! www.PWNA4hope.org #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- I’m supporting @PWNA4hope (https://www.facebook.com/PWNA4hope/) and their 2017 Student Backpack Drive for Native American students in need. #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- It’s back to school time. I’m helping #Native students in need of school supplies. U can help too! www.PWNA4hope.org. #studentbackpacks
- I’m supporting @PWNA4hope and their 2017 Student Backpack Drive www.PWNA4hope.org #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- I just filled a backpack w/supplies for #Native children in need. Join me! www.PWNA4hope.org #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- The 2017 Student Backpack Drive hosted by Partnership With Native Americans and the American Indian Education Fund will help about 25,000 Native American students in need. Learn more: www.PWNA4hope.org. #studentbackpacks
- Back to school is just around the corner and Native American children on remote reservations are in need of student backpacks and school supplies. Learn more about #PWNA4students and how you can get involved: www.PWNA4hope.org
- With about 25,000 Native American students in need of #studentpacks and school supplies, Partnership with Native Americans is hosting the 2017 Backpack Drive. Learn more: www.PWNA4hope.org
For media information, call 540-825-5950 x205 or email PWNA@allisonpr.com.
For AIEF program information, call 800-416-8102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our blog at http://blog.nativepartnership.org
2016 American Indian Heritage Month
2016 Backpack Drive
2015 American Indian Heritage Month
PWNA 100-Day Supply Drive
Sign up to download "Remembering Native Students with Backpacks & School Supplies":
We apologize, but the selected Survey is currently unavailable.