Many Native American children living on under-resourced reservations face barriers to education:
- 61% live in impoverished or low-income households
- 35-85% unemployment rates for parents
- The average cost of school supplies keeps rising (about $789 per child in 2020)
- About 20% of students on the reservations do not have a computer or internet access
- Stores with school supplies and even food are often an hour away
Your support creates cherished partnerships to provide Native students with the backpacks and school supplies they desperately need. Our Partner at Rock Point Community School recently told us:
"On behalf of all Students, Staff Members & School Board Members, we would like to send a heartfelt “Thank You” to everyone at Partnership With Native Americans. We enjoy working with your organization as you provide some great and very generous donations to our students here at Rock Point Community School. With your help, we are able to put bright smiles on hundreds of children’s faces and provide them with the supplies necessary to receive a great education and help our students to be successful in a global society. Our community’s alliance with Partnership With Native Americans is a cherished one and we look forward to working with you. Again, thank you for everything you do for the youth of our community."
PWNA and our American Indian Education Fund (AIEF) program hope to deliver school supplies for at least 25,000 students this year. We cannot let a lack of pencils, backpacks, and paper stand in the way of their success. Will you help us ensure Native American students are not left behind?
You can help by making a donation today — and by spreading the word on your social pages!
- School supplies are critical to a child's learning, so I am making sure Native American children have the back-to-school supplies they need. You can help too by donating at www.nativepartnership.org/backpacks #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- I’m supporting @PWNA4hope and their 2021 Student Backpack & School Supply Drive for Native American children living on impoverished reservations. www.nativepartnership.org/backpacks #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- #NativeAmerican K-12 students will soon need back-to-school supplies more than ever. Will you help us get supplies to the reservations? Donate today at www.nativepartnership.org/backpacks #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- School supplies are critical for #NativeAmerican children on the reservations, whether learning in school or at home. I’m supporting @PWNA4hope and their 2021 Student Backpack and School Supply Drive. Will you? www.nativepartnership.org/backpacks #PWNA4students #studentbackpacks
- PWNA hopes to deliver school supplies for at least 25,000 students this year. Will you help ensure Native American students are not left behind during this pandemic? www.nativepartnership.org/backpacks
- Education is critical for every child. Regardless of any changes in the classroom, school supplies are critical to a child’s learning. Will you help PWNA get school supplies to Native American students on the reservations? Donate today at www.nativepartnership.org/backpacks