Official Giveaway Contest Rules and Prizes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: This American Indian Heritage Month Giveaway (aka PWNA Heritage Giveaway) is open to all legal residents of the United States, who as of drawing date are at least 18 years of age and have a valid e-mail account. Employees of Partnership With Native Americans and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. Partnership With Native Americans is not responsible for contest form failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winner must be in compliance with all contest rules. Previous Heritage Giveaway winners are not eligible for any future Heritage Giveaway drawings.
3. Method of Entry: The Heritage Giveaway period begins November 1, 2017 and ends November 15, 2017, during which time Partnership With Native Americans and it's American Indian Education Fund (AIEF) program will award a total of five (5) laptop computers, five (5) daily prizes, and one (1) grand prize. All giveaways will be hosted on PWNA’s 2017 Heritage Month landing page at www.PWNA4hope.org (aka Heritage page or the contest page).
Each of the giveaway offers are good only from 9 AM Eastern on the date the call to action is posted on PWNA's Heritage page, to 9 AM Eastern on the day when the winners are announced. Each entry must include a valid e-mail address. No donation is necessary to enter or win.
Entry methods will vary based on the specific call to action posted on the Heritage page for the giveaway of that specific day. The range of entry methods will include: PWNA will announce 1 laptop winner per day on Nov. 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7, 2017. Freshmen awarded a 2017-18 AIEF scholarship and pre-screened by AIEF for laptop need are eligible for a chance to win. (No registration is required.) PWNA will announce 1 daily prize winner per day on Nov. 8, 9, 10, 13 and 14, 2017. Each daily prize will have a retail value of up to $35. All who register on the contest landing page on one of these dates are eligible for a chance to win the random drawing of that day. For an additional entry to win on a different day, a new registration is required. Prizes are limited to 1 per participant. PWNA will announce a grand prize winner on Nov. 15, 2017. The grand prize will have a retail value of up to $55. All who register on the contest landing page between November 1 through 14, 2017 are eligible for a chance to win through our random drawing on Nov. 15, 2017. Valid email addresses only. Only 1 grand prize will be awarded.
4. Deadline for Receipt of Entries: PWNA will announce 1 laptop winner per day on Nov. 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7, 2017. PWNA will announce 1 daily prize winner per day of the Native education quiz on Nov. 8, 9, 10, 13 and 14, 2017. All who register on the contest page and participate in the Native education quiz on one of these dates are eligible for a chance to win the random drawing of that day. PWNA will announce a grand prize winner on Nov. 15, 2017. All who register on the PWNA Heritage page (contest page) between November 1 through 14, 2017 are eligible for a chance to win through our random drawing on Nov. 15, 2017.
5. Selection of winners: PWNA will announce 1 laptop winner per day on Nov. 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7, 2017. PWNA will announce 1 daily prize winner per day of the Native education quiz on Nov. 8, 9, 10, 13 and 14, 2017. All who register on the contest page and participate in the Native education quiz on one of these dates are eligible for a chance to win the random drawing of that day. PWNA will announce a grand prize winner on Nov. 15, 2017. All who register on the contest page between November 1 through 14, 2017 are eligible for a chance to win through our random drawing on Nov. 15, 2017. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
6. Prize: Partnership With Native Americans and it's American Indian Education Fund (AIEF) program will award a total of five (5) laptop computers to AIEF freshman scholarship recipients, five (5) daily prizes, and one (1) grand prize. Daily prizes include a framed, 16x22 “Mother and Daughter” print by Cree artist Betty Albert; “Our Spirits Don’t Speak English,” a DVD with Cherokee actor Gayle Ross about Indian boarding school; an authentic, Navajo 6-inch dream catcher and medicine wheel; a boxed DVD set by PBS titled “We Shall Remain,” on Native American history; and a hoodie designed by PWNA and commemorating American Indian Heritage Month. The grand prize giveaway is the “American Indian Christmas” CD, by Lumbee artist and NAMMY winner Jana Mashonee. Value of each daily prize (student laptops excluded) ranges up to $35 retail plus shipping. Value of the grand prize ranges up to $55 retail plus shipping.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Laptop winners will be announced on PWNA’s Heritage page at www.PWNA4hope.org on the day of the drawing. Laptop winners, daily prize winners and the grand prize winner will be announced on PWNA’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/PWNA4hope by no later than the day after the drawing. Winners who have not accepted their prizes will be emailed no later than December 4, 2017, for a final chance to claim their prize. Participants grant Partnership With Native Americans the right to use their name in advertising and promoting the contest without further compensation.
8. Participation: All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be in Partnership With Native Americans’ sole discretion. Partnership With Native Americans is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, or incomplete email or transactions, for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Partnership With Native Americans. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
9. Limitations of Liability/Disputes: By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney’s fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses. Winner(s) will be responsible for any taxes on the value of the prize. THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
10. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Partnership With Native Americans, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
11. General Release: By entering the PWNA Heritage Giveaway, contestants release Partnership With Native Americans and their affiliated companies and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
12. Sponsor: The American Indian Heritage Giveaway is sponsored by Partnership With Native Americans, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Partnership With Native Americans will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, or to obtain a list of winners after the close of the Giveaway period, please contact the Giveaway coordinator for Partnership With Native Americans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-825-5950 x205.