Official Giveaway Contest Rules and Prizes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: This Remember Native Americans Giveaway (aka Heritage Giveaway) is open to all legal residents of the United States, who as of drawing date are at least 18 years of age and have a valid e-mail account. Employees of Partnership With Native Americans and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. Partnership With Native Americans is not responsible for contest form failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winner must be in compliance with all contest rules.
3. Method of Entry: The Heritage Giveaway period begins November 2, 2018 and ends November 23, 2018, during which time one (1) grand prize giveaway will be hosted on PWNA’s Heritage Month landing page (aka PWNA Heritage page) at www.PWNA4hope.org (aka Heritage page). Each contestant must include a valid e-mail address and will have one chance to win the giveaway offered on PWNA’s Heritage Month landing page. No donation is necessary to enter or win.
Entry methods vary and range from: opting in on the PWNA Heritage page for “Remember Native Americans” emails by Nov. 22, 2018; registering on the Heritage page and/or Quiz page for regular updates on building strong, self-sufficient communities by Nov. 22, 2018; or signing up for both Heritage month emails and regular updates on the PWNA Heritage page by Nov. 22, 2018. Opt in and/or registration must be entered on the PWNA Heritage page and/or Quiz page and not elsewhere on PWNA’s website. Social SHARES such as those provided on the PWNA Heritage page are highly encouraged and helpful to Native communities, although not required for PWNA giveaway prize entry. Participants may enter to win an additional giveaway in the Remember Native Americans campaign, by following instructions to take the quiz and review the answers on the “Myth vs Reality Quiz” page.
4. Deadline for Receipt of Entries: The Heritage Giveaway offer is open for entries from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern on November 2 through 22, 2018. Giveaway entry closes after 5 PM Eastern on November 22, 2018 and entries submitted after that time will not be eligible for the PWNA prize drawing.
5. Selection of winner: The sole winner of the Heritage Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing on Friday, November 23, 2018. The winner will be announced on that day by 5 PM Eastern on the PWNA Heritage page and the PWNA4hope Facebook page. Odds of winning depend upon the number of one-time per person entries for the PWNA Heritage Giveaway.
6. Prize: The winner will receive the following prize: a beautiful gift basket containing a $100 Amazon gift card, a DVD of the film “We Shall Remain,” a book on “Squanto’s Journey” relating to his encounters with the Pilgrims, a zippered tote bag, a grey embroidered snowflake scarf, and 2019 calendars from several PWNA programs. The value of the prize is at least $150 retail plus shipping.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance: The winner of the PWNA Heritage Giveaway will be announced on the the PWNA Heritage page and the PWNA4hope Facebook page by 5 PM on November 23, 2018. If the winner has not accepted their prize, they will be emailed no later than December 3, 2018, for a final chance to claim their prize. Participants grant Partnership With Native Americans the right to use their name in advertising and promoting the contest without further notice or compensation.
8. Participation: All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be in Partnership With Native Americans’ sole discretion. Partnership With Native Americans is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, or incomplete email or transactions, for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Partnership With Native Americans. In the event of a dispute, each email entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which it was sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
9. Limitations of Liability/Disputes: By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney’s fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses. Winner(s) will be responsible for any taxes on the value of the prize. THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
10. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Partnership With Native Americans, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
11. General Release: By entering the Heritage Giveaway, contestants release Partnership With Native Americans and their affiliated companies and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
12. Sponsor: The Heritage Giveaway is sponsored by Partnership With Native Americans, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Partnership With Native Americans will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, or to obtain information about the winner after the close of the Giveaway period, please contact the Giveaway coordinator for Partnership With Native Americans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-825-5950 x205.