Most of our donors contribute directly to our organization and work with us when planning bequeaths through life insurance, retirement, or estate planning. If you prefer, another way to help is by designating Northern Plains Reservation Aid (npra) as a charity you want to support through a donor-advised fund.
Northern Plains Reservation Aid works directly with community-based agencies on the reservations. Our partnerships ensure that we are providing the right kind of support — food, health, education or housing related. We work on the ground throughout the year to help close the gap on the pervasive needs of these hardworking communities in tough circumstances.
Help is needed for the short-term to supply material aid and relief efforts, for the mid-term to ensure capacity building such as scholarships and partner training, and for the long-term to support grassroots sustainable solutions such as community gardens, farmer’s markets, and winter fuel projects.
Options to give through a donor-advised fund (DAF):
- You can designate Northern Plains Reservation Aid as a beneficiary of an existing donor-advised fund.
- You can control the size of your gift or the portion of your DAF designated for npra.
- You can designate a one-time or periodic gift through your donor-advised fund.
Benefits for you:
- It is based on funds you have already set aside for philanthropy.
- You still get the same tax benefits from your donor-advised fund.
- You are helping the most underserved group of people in America and you can see some of the benefits of your gift within your lifetime.
If you have any questions regarding planned giving, please contact Suzi Smith in our Planned Giving Department at (877) 853-6474. You are also encouraged to consult with your legal and financial advisors when considering a planned gift.